FORT PLAIN, N.Y. - A water main break is forcing the closure of the Fort Plain School District and offices for Thursday, January 4, 2018.
According to the district a water main broke near Harry Hoag Elementary School.
As of 8pm crews were still working on fixing the pipes and a decision about Thursday's school day was not made yet. Then shortly before 9pm Wednesday the district called into WKTV's automated closings system to cancel classes for Thursday.
The district's website says keeping students safe and comfortable in the classroom is their top priority.
- Fort Plain Schools closed Thursday due to water main break
- Elementary school closes due to water main break on Remington Road
- Traffic Alert due to water main break in Utica
- Law enforcement investigating homicide in Fort Plain
- UPDATE: Section of Oriskany Boulevard westbound closed due to water main break
- Off-ramp on Horatio Street closed due to water main break
- Herkimer County Jail closed for several days due to water main break
- Keeping up with water main breaks
- Water main break on Champlin Avenue
- UPDATE: Whitesboro water main break repaired