NEW YORK (AP) - Four people have been arrested in connection with a series of subway slashings and assaults early Friday. The crime rampage has only sharpened the ongoing debate over safety and policing in New York City’s transit system. At least four men were wounded in the overnight attacks, all but one of which happened within a 12-minute span on the same No. 4 train in lower Manhattan, police said. Another man was punched in the face, police said. The victims were taken to hospitals in stable condition. Officers armed with surveillance video and descriptions of the suspects intercepted them as they exited a northbound No. 1 train at the 79th Street station in Manhattan, Chief Jason Wilcox said.
Four people have been arrested in connection with a series of subway slashings and assaults early Friday.
Posted: May 15, 2021 10:26 AM
- Four men arrested in slashings on NYC subway
- Police seek attacker in hate-crime NYC subway assault
- 2 killed, 2 injured in NYC subway stabbing attacks
- NYC police seek suspect in anti-Asian subway mugging attempt
- Subway bomb suspect charged
- AT&T closes stores and slashes staff
- Juvenile suspect arrested after college student fatally stabbed in NYC
- Weather severely hampers NYC air travel
- Islamic State cooperator sentenced in NYC
- Central New Yorkers participate in NYC Stairclimb
Scroll for more content...