FRANKFORT – Hundreds of students, parents and faculty spent the day outside at Frankfort-Schuyler High School on Friday for a serious message ahead of prom this weekend.
The mock DWI crash was organized by a few senior students, Frankfort police, Frankfort and Schuyler fire departments, Mercy Flight, MOVAC and a local funeral home.
“I think if we didn't do it exactly how it would look, people wouldn't get the hint,” said Caitlin Adams, a senior student and organizer of the event. “We wanted it to hit hard at home. Having parents and closest friends, destroying friendships and families. We wanted to prove that this is really what it looks like and this is really what could happen if you make a mistake as to drink.”
Several proms will be held this weekend for high schools throughout the local area.
- Frankfort-Schuyler HS hosts mock DWI crash head of prom weekend
- Frankfort-Schuyler star signs NLI with Herkimer
- Waterville students learn dangers of DWI with mock crash
- Local professionals provide career insight at Frankfort-Schuyler school
- Frankfort-Schuyler students & alumni celebrate their music teacher
- Frankfort-Schuyler's Critelli continuing to be nightmare for opposing batters
- Class of 1999 Frankfort-Schuyler graduates dig up time capsule
- DWI arrest made following head-on crash in Whitesboro
- Mock DWI crash shows Holland Patent students consequences of impaired driving