FRANKFORT, N.Y. - Students representing more than 30 years of the Frankfort-Schuyler School District came together Saturday afternoon to honor one of their own, a music teacher who is retiring this year.
Current students and alumni spent months organizing a celebration they’ve dubbed a ‘Cegl-ebration’ - in honor of Shelley Ceglia. She is retiring after 32 years.
Katie Maneen is a 2009 graduate of Frankfort-Schuyler. She volunteered on the committee that organized the celebration.
“It’s a true testament to her as a teacher,” Katie Maneen said. “You know being a teacher for so many years and having so many different alarm from, I mean I don’t even know how many different years we have. And it’s just a true testament to what an amazing person she has an influence he had on all of us.”
In honor of Mrs. Ceglia, students formed a scholarship in her name. So far, they have already raised more than $1,500.
"This type of attitude, this type of love between teachers and students, is what our community is all about,” School Superintendent Bob Reina said. “We love these kids, we love Mrs. Ceglia. This is a great afternoon."
If you would like to give to the Ceglia Scholarship Fund, you can donate directly to the Frankfort-Schuyler School District.
- Frankfort-Schuyler students & alumni celebrate their music teacher
- Frankfort-Schuyler star signs NLI with Herkimer
- Local professionals provide career insight at Frankfort-Schuyler school
- Frankfort Kiwanis celebrating 90 years
- SUNY Oneonta offers letters from alumni for new students
- Frankfort celebrates Christmas at the Marina
- Gas leak cancels classes at Frankfort-Schuyler Middle/High for Friday
- Frankfort-Schuyler HS hosts mock DWI crash head of prom weekend
- Frankfort-Schuyler middle schoolers hear stories of failure, success from the 'pros'