FRANKFORT - Firefighters from several departments responded to a multi-family home after flames broke out on a porch Wednesday afternoon.
Flames could be seen spouting from the roof of the second floor porch of the house on Reese Road, near Second Avenue.
A witness, Julie Mower, told NewsChannel 2 someone driving by spotted the fire and knocked on the door to make sure everyone got out safely.
NewsChannel 2’s crew on the scene reported blackened siding and a fire truck’s ladder extended over the roof. Utility crews were also called to the scene.
Firefighters are working to determine a cause.
- Frankfort home damaged after porch catches fire
- Cigarette caused Frankfort porch fire which left nine homeless
- Porch Pirates
- Mobile home catches fire in Van Hornesville
- Mobile home catches fire overnight in Annsville
- UPDATE: Fire severely damages Sylvan Beach home
- Frankfort police investigating report of home invasion
- Frankfort Police Incident Update
- UPDATE: Barn fire in Frankfort deemed accidental
- Red Cross assisting nine after Frankfort fire