If you’re going to be hitting the road this New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, the New York State Thruway Authority is trying to make the sleepy commute a bit easier with a free cup o’ joe.
From 11 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 31 through 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 1, there will be free coffee and hot tea for travelers at all 27 travel plazas along the New York State Thruway.
Stewart’s Shops will also be offering free coffee, tea and hot chocolate from 6 p.m. to close at all of their locations on Sunday, Dec. 31. The free coffee can be any size and any flavor.
Last year, Stewart’s Shops gave out about 15,000 cups on New Year’s Eve.
- Free coffee along Thruway, at Stewart's Shops this New Year's Eve
- Utica police seek Stewart's Shops robbery suspect
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks Stewart's Shops
- Stewart's Shops recalling drink due to undeclared milk allergen
- NY launches mobile app for Thruway travel
- 16 bridges rehabbed along NYS Thruway
- Fastrac launches 'Free Coffee Mondays' for mobile app users
- Weather to watch New Years Eve
- Wear green to Stewart's Shops on Saturday, get a 50 cent ice cream cone
- $1K from Stewart's Shops Holiday Match to help reopen Westmoreland Town Pool