If you’re going to be hitting the road this New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, the New York State Thruway Authority is trying to make the sleepy commute a bit easier with a free cup o’ joe.
From 11 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 31 through 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 1, there will be free coffee and hot tea for travelers at all 27 travel plazas along the New York State Thruway.
Stewart’s Shops will also be offering free coffee, tea and hot chocolate from 6 p.m. to close at all of their locations on Sunday, Dec. 31. The free coffee can be any size and any flavor.
Last year, Stewart’s Shops gave out about 15,000 cups on New Year’s Eve.
- Free coffee along Thruway, at Stewart's Shops this New Year's Eve
- Utica police seek Stewart's Shops robbery suspect
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks Stewart's Shops
- Dunkin Donuts Coffee Shop proposed in Cooperstown
- Stewart's Shops recalling drink due to undeclared milk allergen
- Weather to watch New Years Eve
- NY launches mobile app for Thruway travel
- 16 bridges rehabbed along NYS Thruway
- Big pot bust on the Thruway
- Wear green to Stewart's Shops on Saturday, get a 50 cent ice cream cone