UTICA, N.Y. -- Chester's Flower Shop and Greenhouses will be out on the streets of Utica on Wednesday, Oct. 23, handing out hundreds of flowers to local residents to help brighten up their week.
This day of kindness is part of the 'Petal it Forward' program, in partnership with the Society of American Florists, of which Chester's is a member. 'Petal It Forward' is in response to the release of research from the University of North Florida that shows living with flowers reduces stress.
Chester's will give an extra set of flowers so they can pay, or more appropriately, 'Petal it Forward.'
Employees from the flower shop will be at several locations on Wednesday, including:
Utica City Hall
Mohawk Street shopping center
- NewsTalk: Free flowers spread joy as part of ‘Petal it Forward’ program
- NEWSTALK: MVCC Summer Programs
- NewsTalk: Adult education programs
- Newstalk: Staffworks
- NewsTalk: Camp Turk summer program for kids
- NewsTalk: Fundraiser for RCSD music program
- The joy and practical wisdom of running
- Newstalk: Joe Wilczynski highlights the Go the Distance program
- NewsTalk: Abigail's Athletes
- NewsTalk: Go the Distance