There are two chances to see ice in our region over the next few days. Tonight, black ice is possible. Temperatures are expected to fall well below freezing tonight, with overnight lows in the teens. Any standing water tonight is expected to freeze over. Watch out for icy spots on untreated surfaces.
The second round of ice arrives with freezing rain on Wednesday. Tempeartures will remain in the upper 20s to low 30s tomorrow afternoon ahead of a warm front. The next round of precipitation falls as freezing rain in the afternoon and evening. Watch out for slick spots on untreated surfaces.
Freezing rain is expected to turn to plain rain as temperatures climb above freezing Wednesday night. By Thursday morning, the majority of the area will be in the upper 30s with light rain showers.
- Freezing rain expected Wednesday
- Freezing rain expected Saturday night
- Snow, sleet, and freezing rain Tuesday/Wednesday
- Freezing Rain Timeline
- Pockets of Freezing Rain Friday
- Thunderstorms expected Wednesday
- Freezing Rain and Windy Conditions Sunday Morning
- Freezing Rain Possible Saturday Afternoon and Night
- Freezing rain, sleet, and snow on Sunday
- Thaw and freeze, thaw and freeze