WESTERNVILLE, N.Y. -- Fresh snow has fallen throughout the morning at Woods Valley Ski Area Wednesday, in addition to the man-made snow pounded onto the ground overnight.
The owner says getting the fresh snow outside does something psychological for those who love the outdoors.
The hard work of creating the winter wonderland pays off on days like this.
“When people see snow in their yard, they're thinking about snowmobiling, skiing, getting out, making a snowman, just getting outside,” said Tim Woods, the owner. “Last year we had phenomenal conditions and the temperatures are going to be hovering in the upper 30s, low 20s at night, so we're able to make snow. When it freezes at night, we have very good grooming results.”
Woods Valley is open until 9 p.m., and likewise for the rest of the break with the exception of Sunday, 4 p.m. close time, and New Year’s Eve has a 4 p.m. closing.
- Fresh snowfall at Woods Valley helps people get into the 'winter spirit'
- Woods Valley opens early
- April snowfall stats
- Local Sunday-Monday snowfall totals
- Cold temps mean early opening day at Woods Valley
- Earliest opening for Woods Valley in 56 years
- Perdue Recalls Chicken Nuggets After People Find Wood in Them
- Little Falls gets into the Christmas spirit
- Mug Club: Spirit Dogs Farm Fall FUNraiser
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe