In honor of Flag Day on Thursday, a local company is offering the opportunity to trade in your worn out red, white and blue for a newer model.
The Frigault Agency in New Hartford is now taking in worn and weathered flags, and they’ll replace them with new ones free of charge. Representatives for the company say that people young and old turn out each year with their flags that are ready for retirement.
“It’s gotten a little bit bigger than us,” said Larry Frigault, owner of the Frigault Agency. “It’s pretty consuming for the time period we do it, but we enjoy it and I think people enjoy it. We give out 400 flags and take in typically 500 flags, and the VFW over in Whitestown helps us properly decommission these respectfully.”
One flag will be given out per household, while supplies last. If you’re interested in turning in your old flag for a new one, you can do so from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week at the Frigault Agency, located at 136 Clinton Rd. in New Hartford.
This is the agency’s fourth year of giving out new flags to commemorate Flag Day and support our troops and veterans.
- Frigault Agency replacing old flags with new in honor of Flag Day
- Flag Day Celebrations
- Flags for Heroes honors local Veterans
- Chanatry's honors service members with Flag Day celebration
- Mug Club: Flags for Heroes
- Utica College Red Flag Campaign
- Mug Club: "Flags for Heroes"
- Local Flag Day rallies show political divide in Oneida County
- Elks Lodges around the Mohawk Valley celebrate Flag Day
- Flag Day exchange program continues in New Hartford