Funeral arrangements have been made for Wayne Smoulcey -- the chief of Willowvale Fire Company, who was also an Oneida County sheriff deputy.
Smoulcey died after a long battle with cancer.
Willowvale Fire Company made the announcement of his death on Facebook Wednesday night.
Smoulcey was diagnosed with a form of Leukemia seven years ago. Since then, he's battled other kinds of cancer.
He worked with both agencies for many years.
He has a young son, and daughter on the way.
Calling hours will be on Tuesday May 28 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes in Utica.
The funeral will follow on Wednesday morning, May 29 at 11 a.m. at the church as well.
- Funeral arrangements made for Wayne Smoulcey
- Funeral arrangements made for former Oneida Co. Sheriff Bill Hasenauer
- Funeral arrangements made for Montgomery County trooper killed in crash
- Funeral arrangements announced for Yorkville fire victims
- Mug Club: Benefit for Fire Chief & Deputy Sheriff Wayne Smoulcey
- Thousands of community members standing behind Wayne Smoulcey
- End of watch: Family, friends say goodbye to Wayne Smoulcey
- Funeral arrangements announced for former Oneida County undersheriff
- Funeral arrangements set for local 19-month-old who battled leukemia
- Funeral arrangements announced for children killed in Rome fire