WHITESBORO, NY – The 4th annual J-Rob Foundation Gala took place at Hart’s Hill Inn Saturday.
This year’s theme was “A Winter Wonderland”.
There was plenty of food, music, and prizes that were raffled off.
The money raised from the gala will go to the J-Rob Foundation which helps young people obtain adaptive sports equipment.
“I think that athletes really shouldn’t be defined by whether they are able-bodied athletes or they are Paralympic athletes,” says 15-year-old Jason Robinson, vice president and founder of the J-Rob Foundation.
“I feel the chair is really their way of doing something. Just like you would wear sneakers to run, the chair is my way to run.”
Robinson and his family started the J-Rob Foundation as a way of paying it forward after his 4th-grade class raised enough money for him to buy a racing wheelchair to compete in the Boilermaker.
- Gala raises money for J-Rob Foundation
- Kristin's Fund Gala raises money and awareness for domestic violence
- J-Rob Foundation Gala: Helping provide adaptive sports equipment for young people
- Sorority gala raises funds for Heart Association
- Newstalk: Utica Mayor's Gala
- Utica Mayor's Benefit Gala
- Mayor's Benefit Gala raises more than $42,000 for Kelberman Center
- Oneida County deputy trying to raise money for foundations of 4 local fallen officers
- Mug Club: Gala Di Mistero
- Mug Club: Hope House Gala