LOWVILLE – A garage was destroyed by a fire in Lowville late Wednesday night, according to Lewis County Emergency Services.
At approximately 11:07 p.m., fire crews were called to 9041 East Rd. in Lowville. Officials say a man was working in a four-stall garage when he noticed fire near the work bench, and he attempted to extinguish it but was unable to, so he called 911.
When the Lowville Fire Department arrived at the scene, the garage was fully engulfed in flames and the eaves of the adjacent barn were smoking. Officials say the barn was saved with minimal damaged, but the garage was a total loss.
Castorland, New Bremen, Martinsburg, Copenhagen and Beaver Falls fire departments all assisted at the scene as well.
Officials say the cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
- Garage destroyed by fire in Lowville
- Lowville house destroyed by fire
- Middleville Garage Fire Destroys Home
- Fatal fire in Lowville under investigation
- Victims identified in fatal Lowville house fire
- UPDATE: Garage destroyed by fire in Lee Center
- 2-story garage destroyed in Town of Lee fire
- Three vehicles, trailer destroyed in Lewis County garage fire
- Fires destroy two garages, a barn in Lewis County
- Lowville Arby's catches fire shutting down portion of Route 12