CLINTON, N.Y. – A woman was injured after a gas stove exploded inside a home on Anderson Place in Clinton Tuesday afternoon.
Fire crews were called to the scene around 2:15 p.m.
The woman was taken to the hospital by helicopter.
Assistant Fire Chief Bob Burns said the kitchen at the back of the home was severely damaged, and the blast blew out the bottom of the back wall.
Burns said the woman’s condition is not yet known.
“I didn't have direct contact with the victim, but she was in shock. We did not get a whole lot. Our EMTs immediate issue was to get her transported to the hospital,” he said.
Other fire departments were also called to the scene to assist.