Rochester, MN - The Herkimer Generals softball team advanced to the NJCAA Division III National Tournament semifinals after winning two games in the opening day of action, Thursday.
Herkimer, the 2-seed in the tournament, came from behind after two-run deficits in each game to beat No. 7 St. Cloud Tech in 10-6 in round one, before topping #3 Brookdale 9-5 in the quarterfinal game that followed.
Honestly, we feel good. We didn't play our absolute best softball today, but to come away in the national tournament with two wins just says a lot about our character," head coach P.J. Anadio told NEWSChannel 2. "They were great team wins, a lot of people really stepped up today."
The Generals move on to face No. 1 Rock Valley in the semifinals on Friday. First pitch is at 5 p.m.
- Generals win two, advance to NJCAA Division III semifinals
- Generals defeat Rock Valley in NJCAA Division III National Championship
- Herkimer rolls into NJCAA D-III semifinals
- Generals defeat top seed Rock Valley, advance to NJCAA Division III national title game
- MVCC, Herkimer advance to Region III semifinals this weekend
- Herkimer tops Finger Lakes twice to capture Region III title, advance to NJCAA Division III World Series for second straight year
- Clinton falls in Section III Division II boys hockey final
- 11/9/19 SCORES: Frankfort-Schuyler, Lowville win Section III football titles; Poland, CVA girls soccer win region titles and advance to state semifinals
- Whitesboro boys advance to Section III Class A semifinals, Oneida girls fall short in Class B quarterfinals
- Herkimer Generals mark NJCAA title at celebratory banquet