ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - The Genesee Brewery in Rochester has a new brewing system that the company says will improve the quality of its beer.
North American Breweries on Thursday announced the completion of a three-year, $48.5 million overhaul.
The company says over the last few months, workers at the brewery have been transitioning to the new system and testing recipes and processes.
The upgrades include a new brewhouse that uses less material, water and energy, 24 new high-efficiency fermentation tanks and an automated system that frees up brewers to focus on developing recipes and quality improvements.
The company says it's the most significant project in its history.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Genesee Brewery gets $48.5 million makeover
- Sen. Schumer visits Brewery Ommegang, discusses small brewery relief legislation
- Genesee Street Market to be held every Friday this summer
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures
- Genesee Street crash slows traffic near New Hartford Shopping Center
- Saranac Brewery fire: 10 years later
- Trenton mobile home park gets makeover under new ownership
- Taste of the Mohawk Valley tonight at F.X. Matt Brewery
- FX Matt Brewery officials provide vague construction plans
- Brewery kicks off 20th year of Saranac Thursdays tonight