UTICA, N.Y. -- It's a yearly tradition – each year the newly appointed grand marshal of Utica’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes on the task of painting that green stripe right down the middle of Genesee Street in front of the Stanley Theatre.
This year's parade grand marshal is John Sullivan, who is also the contractor working on the Irish Cultural Center that is nearing completion in Utica.
The skies cleared giving way for nice weather for the ‘Painting O' the Green Line.’
Expect a different story with the temperatures and the weather when it comes to parade day.
WKTV meteorologists say you want to bundle up, put on the extra thermals, the hat, the scarf, and the mittens.
- Genesee Street ready with green stripe for St. Patrick's Day festivities in Utica
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- Street Corner Market opens on Genesee Street
- North Genesee Street NB closed to four corners in Utica
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- First-ever Mad Mile kicks off St. Patrick's Day festivities
- Sea of green for this year's St. Patrick's Day Parade 'Mad Mile' in Utica
- St. Patrick's Day Mad Mile to kick off festivities in Utica on Saturday
- Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade set for 10AM Saturday
- Week of events for Utica's St. Patrick's Day celebrations