The Genesis Group of the Mohawk Valley announced the class of 2018 for its annual Striving for Success program.
Twelve individuals were honored Thursday at Hart's Hill Inn for their dedication and commitment to their profession and community.
This year more than 80 nominations were submitted, the committee had a tough time cutting it down to twelve.
The 2018 Striving for Success honorees are a variety of people, ranging from high school and college students to business owners.
They all have something in common, going above and beyond for this community.
"Genesis Group actually really helped me meet new people in the area," said honoree Bethany VanBenschoten. "It's easy to meet new people at work but its not easy to meet people anywhere else, so that was one of the really huge things that led me to being more active in the community."
"I'm very flattered to receive this award being a chef my whole life, almost thirty years now," said honoree Richard Dowe, Jr. "Awards are hard to come by, you never strive for awards. You just strive for what you do every day, so it's very flattering."
Class of 2018 ~ Striving for Success Honorees:
John Calabrese, Jr.
Express Employment Professionals
Rome Country Club
Richard Dowe, Jr.
Herkimer County HealthNet
First Source Federal Credit Union
Notre Dame Jr./Sr. High School
On Point for College/Mohawk Valley Health System
Dean Shlotzhauer, Jr.
Community Bank NA
The Tailor and the Cook
- Genesis Group hosts 13th annual Striving for Success awards dinner
- The Genesis Group hosts 12th Annual Celebration of Education
- Oneida County hosts Youth Awards Dinner
- Genesis Group forum brings elected officials, constituents together
- Genesis Group holds career day for Herkimer County students
- Genesis Group brings local leaders together for economic progress update
- Kiwanis Club holds annual collegiate athletes award recognition dinner
- Mug Club: Annual Freedom Fund Dinner
- Mug Club: 11th Annual Holiday Dinner & Auction
- Bagg's Square Association hands out annual awards