MOHAWK, N.Y.-The Town of German Flatts has a new board member after another one resigned.
German Flatts Town Supervisor Peter Rovazzi says that Cynthia Bennett resigned from the board at the beginning of September after the New York State Comptroller’s Office conducted an audit in July.
The July audit uncovered a conflict of interest between Bennett’s business as a Health Insurance Broker and being a Board Member receiving Insurance and Commission.
Bennett was not accused of any misconduct, but resigned due to the conflict of interest.
Rovazzi told NewsChannel 2: "It was just identified as a conflict of interest. Our Town Attorney rendered his opinion on it as well and it was determined that the comptroller basically asked resign or stop doing business as a broker with Town of German Flatts."
Bennett’s replacement was named at Wednesday night’s meeting. Scott Hendrix was appointed. He says he is excited to take over.
“I'm excited for the opportunity, I've been active in the community not so much in politics over the years, served on several municipal comissions and public boards and I hope I can bring a new maybe a fresh look at what's going on within the township." Hendrix said.
Hendrix’s position goes into effect immediately.
- German Flatts board member resigns, new member appointed
- Tensions rise between German Flatts town board and new supervisor
- German Flatts meeting much more peaceful
- 1 person hurt in German Flatts accident
- Peter Rovazzi wins unofficial vote for German Flatts town supervisor
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- Rabid raccoon found in German Flatts; unvaccinated dog now quarantined
- State police investigating alleged assault at German Flatts house party
- Comptroller report: German Flatts is in 'significant fiscal stress'
- Truck driver dead following Thruway crash in German Flatts