GERMAN FLATTS- Monday night, the town of German Flatts had another board meeting but this one, much more tame than the one on January 2.
Some topics discussed at Monday nights meeting were the new town supervisor's salary and a request for residents to submit questions before a scheduled meeting. These discussions lead to an executive session about a half hour into the meeting.
After the session, the board agreed to decrease Peter Rovazzi's pay by $1,500 instead of the $10,000 that was requested before.
The board also agreed that residents would now have to submit questions 7-10 days before a scheduled meeting.
Some residents said they were concerned this request would interfere with letting their voices be heard.
"I'm just looking for transparency in government," said German Flatts resident, Rebecca Smith. "If a resident has a concern or a question they should be able to come to a board meeting and talk to their elected officials and I think they should hear what the general public has to say," added Smith.
Peter Rovazzi also said his main concern were the residents in the Town of German Flatts. "We need to work closely together to benefit the Town of German Flatts, and represent the taxpayers," said Rovazzi. "That's what we're here for that's what we're elected for."
Board members ask that residents submit their questions on paper to the German Flatts Town Court.
The next meeting wil be January 24 at 5:30 p.m.
- German Flatts meeting much more peaceful
- 1 person hurt in German Flatts accident
- Peter Rovazzi wins unofficial vote for German Flatts town supervisor
- Tensions rise between German Flatts town board and new supervisor
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- Rabid raccoon found in German Flatts; unvaccinated dog now quarantined
- State police investigating alleged assault at German Flatts house party
- Comptroller report: German Flatts is in 'significant fiscal stress'
- Truck driver dead following Thruway crash in German Flatts
- Choc-a-block: Liquid chocolate leak envelops German street