WEST PALM BEACH, Florida (AP) - President Donald Trump gains a former U.S. attorney, a past presidential candidate and a TV-savvy defender with the addition of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani to his legal team.
And this comes at a time when the White House is looking for ways to bring special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation to a close.
Trump has touted Giuliani's toughness and star power as his team weighs whether the president should sit for an interview with Mueller's team.
For weeks, Trump had grown increasingly frustrated with the cable news chatter that he couldn't hire a big-name attorney.
He hopes the addition of Giuliani silences his critics.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- Local police having tough time filling vacancies
- Legal vs. illegal fireworks
- Trump lawyer threatens legal action against Bannon
- Local soccer star to represent Team USA in Europe
- Stars junior hockey team shifts focus from Syracuse to Utica
- Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in NY
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- NY Legislature returns, faces tough choices on budget
- Chris Mahoney: 'tough decision' to resign from Oriskany coaching job