The brotherhood between local volunteer firefighters was once again on display Sunday, August 5th at the Skenendowa Country Club in Clinton. A golf tournament was held to benefit the Believe 271 Foundation.
Each team enrolled in the tournament played golf, but there was also a bazooka involved. At hole 10, the teams had to use their bazooka to try to get the golf ball in a hole 342 yards away.
The golf tournament proceeds help Believe 271 provide financial services to volunteer firefighters and EMTs in the area who suffer life-threatening illnesses. This tournament is one of the biggest fundraisers of the year for the foundation.
Several people at the event said that the financial benefits to those in need are nice, but that it is the fact that people care that is the most important. Sarah McQueen, Director of the Believe 271 Foundation, says that in the past month the foundation has handed out $20,000 to four individuals suffering from cancer.
- Golf Tournament Benefits Believe 271
- NewsTalk: Believe 271 Scholarship
- Mug Club: Willowvale Fire Dept. Bingo Benefit for Believe 271
- Mug Club: Believe 271 Scholarship
- Mug Club: Swing into Summer Golf Tournament
- Mug Club: Clinton School Golf Tournament
- Believe 271 receives big donation at a perfect time
- Mug Club: Herkimer Region College & Career Scholarship Foundation Golf Tournament
- Rome police host inaugural American Heroes Golf Tournament
- Mug Club: Herkimer County House a Vet Golf Tournament