SYLVAN BEACH, N.Y. -- State Police are investigating an incident that happened in Sylvan Beach Wednesday night.
State Police say that around 10pm Wednesday there was a two-vehicle property damage accident in the village parking lot of the Sylvan Beach Amusement park.
A preliminary investigation has revealed a Dodge Avenger, operated by Kami M. Burton, age 39 from Vernon Center, and a Dodge Caliber, operated by Brittani M. Davis, age 33 from Syracuse, was leaving the parking lot when both vehicles struck each other and a verbal altercation ensued between the drivers.
The verbal argument then escalated into a physical altercation involving both drivers and a passenger in the Dodge Avenger.
During the physical altercation, Burton and her 16-year-old passenger were transported by ambulance to Oneida City Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Davis received a minor injury to her right hand and was taken to Upstate Hospital in Syracuse.
The incident remains under investigation. If anyone has information regarding this incident, they are asked to contact Investigator Scott Weber at (315) 366-6000.
- State Police investigating an altercation following accident in Sylvan Beach
- Jet ski accident in Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach Finalizing Closing Plans
- New Atmosphere in Sylvan Beach
- Pirates Weekend at Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach Mayor : The beach is open!
- Bank robbery at Adirondack Bank in Sylvan Beach, state police investigating
- UPDATE: Fire severely damages Sylvan Beach home
- Dozens of homes flooded near Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach Residents Still Without Homes