The end of your Sunday looks to bring the last foreseeable overnight low with temperatures dropping into the teens. A cold start to the work week, but by the end of the day mostly sunny skies put our highs in the low 40s.
Going off of that, things gradually warm up this week. Mostly cloudy on Tuesday with highs in the mid 40s. Partly cloudy on Wednesday with highs in the upper 40s.
By the time we get to Thursday, we start to see temperatures that are seasonal for this time of year. The Jet Stream shifts north and west, pushing the colder temperatures back into Canada and allowing for the milder air to arrive to our area. On Thursday, a warm front arrives and brings a round of rain in the evening. Highs reach into the upper 40s and low 50s. Partly cloudy on Friday and temperatures near our seasonal average for this time of year, with highs near 50. Another round of rain returns late on Saturday with highs getting into the mid 50s. Overnight lows reach into the upper 30s and low 40s.
- Gradual warm up this week
- Warm week ahead!
- Warming stations available in Herkimer County this week
- Very warm, humid weather ahead
- A brief warm up returns
- Harried Housewife: Warm Spiced Cranberry Cocktails
- Slow warm up in our future
- A warm up into the weekend
- Record warm September in the Books
- Warming hurting shellfish, aiding predators, ruining habitat