ROME, N.Y. – A Rome man was indicted on several sex abuse charges after authorities say he allegedly had sexual contact with multiple children ages 6 to 15.
Anthony J. Melise, 37, was arrested and charged with one count of first-degree criminal sexual act in September, after allegedly sexually abusing a 10-year-old girl in the spring and early summer.
Melise was remanded to Oneida County Correctional Facility after the arrest, on $25,000 bail or $50,000 bond. At that time, Oneida County Sheriff’s Office said more charges were expected.
The Child Advocacy Center continued their investigation, and three more victims were identified, ranging from 6 to 15 years old.
Melise was indicted by a grand jury on Nov. 18, and is facing the following charges:
- One count of predatory sexual assault against a child, an A felony
- One count of first-degree criminal sexual act, a B felony
- One count of first-degree attempted criminal sexual act, a C felony
- Three counts of first-degree sexual abuse, all D felonies
- Two counts of third-degree sexual abuse, B misdemeanors
- One count of endangering the welfare of a child, an A misdemeanor
All of the children have been offered services through the Child Advocacy Center, and orders of protection have been issued against Melise.
Melise is still being held at the Oneida County jail.