The Oneida Herkimer Solid Waste Authority has a costume contest for the best creative DIY/recycled or upcycled costume.
Click on the OHSWA Facebook page for the contest rules.
Other ideas to stay green and save green for Halloween include costume swaps, using re-usable shopping bags or pillow cases for Trick-or-Treating and using natural decorations.
Also, a reminder - candy wrappers do not go in the recycling. They get thrown away with the trash.
- Green ideas to save green for Halloween
- Burger King creates 'nightmare' green sandwich for Halloween
- Tips to go green and reduce waste this Halloween
- Riggies, Greens & Rock!
- Riggies, Greens, and Rock!
- Green Light Law Problems
- One More Green Waste Pickup
- NewsTalk: Composting with CNY Green Cycle
- Green waste pick-up under scrutiny
- Hawkins mulls Green Party presidential bid