State Sen. Joseph Griffo of Rome has announced that he will be seeking another term in the Senate.
Griffo, a Republican, represents the 47th Senate District, which includes parts of Oneida, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties. If re-elected, this would mark his seventh term.
Griffo says that if he’s re-elected, his main priority will be to promote economic growth in upstate New York.
As of now, no other candidates have announced that they will be running for the position.
- Griffo to seek re-election to 47th Senate District
- Senator Joe Griffo named Deputy Minority Leader of State Senate.
- Senator Griffo Speaks on this year's power shift.
- Griffo appointed acting minority leader of NYS Senate
- Mug Club: 47th Annual Cazenovia July 4th Foot Races
- Valesky no longer seeking re-election to 53rd Senate District seat
- Griffo to host electronics recycling event Saturday
- Griffo sends letter to Cuomo following reports del Lago casino faces revenue struggles, seeks bailout
- Should each county in New York get a senator? Griffo says yes
- Elections for Oneonta fire district commissioner