UTICA, N.Y. – There will be a Community Gun Buy-Back event on Friday, Oct. 18 at the Utica Recreation Center, 220 Memorial Parkway, in the upper parking lot off of Elm Street.
Payments are as follows:
- Non-working or antique firearms - $25
- Rifles and shot guns - $50
- Handguns - $75
- Assault weapons - $100
Payments will be made at the site of the event via prepaid debit cards.
Guns must be unloaded and placed in a paper bag, box or plastic bag before bringing to the site.
Any member of the public can participate in the program, except licensed gun dealers and active or retired law enforcement officers, who will not be eligible.
This program is presented by New York State Attorney General Letitia James in collaboration with the City of Utica Police Department.
- Gun buy-back program accepting rifles, assault weapons
- Gillibrand open to mandatory federal buyback program for assault weapons
- 169 firearms collected in gun buy-back event in Utica
- Dick's to stop selling assault-style rifles in its stores
- Police: Principal who killed NY trooper had 8 assault rifles
- State DOT accepting applications
- Community Gun Buy-Back event to be held in Utica on Tuesday
- DEA accepting vape products at Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Local restaurant begins accepting Bitcoin
- Cuomo: Extend background check waiting period for gun buys