LOWVILLE, N.Y. – People living in the North Country are getting a chance on Tuesday to discuss school safety and gun rights. A planned public forum is in response to the deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida.
The organization ‘Indivisible Lowville’ is hosting the forum. According to its Facebook page, the group is a community of people with many different ideas, political leanings, and ways of life, but feel that the current administration in Washington has lost touch with the average American.
The forum on Tuesday will focus on generating ideas to keep students safe in a school environment while also discussing ways to protect Americans’ 2nd Amendment rights.
The public meeting will begin at 7:00pm Tuesday, at the Maples Ridge Center, located at 7421 East Road.
- Gun policy forum and community conversation in Lowville
- Lowville house destroyed by fire
- Garage destroyed by fire in Lowville
- Fatal fire in Lowville under investigation
- Victims identified in fatal Lowville house fire
- Local school threat leads to community conversation
- Downtown Community Forum focuses on canal
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Lowville man accused of sexually abusing 14-year old
- Lowville man accused of sexual contact with minor