(KPRC) "Gut health" is a buzzworthy term in medicine right now as more research is identifying diseases that are linked to your gut.
If you're staying hydrated and eating enough fiber, your digestive tract is functioning properly. However, Kristin Kabay, a dietitian at Advice for Eating, says most people aren't getting enough.
Fiber can prevent illnesses like heart disease, diabetes and colon cancer, according to Kabay.
- Gut health: Are you getting enough fiber?
- Unhealthy gut: The warning signs
- Oneonta house gutted by fire
- Vacant house gutted by fire in Sherrill
- High-fiber diet linked to lower risk of death and chronic diseases
- 10-4-19 SPORTS EXPRESS WRAP: Holland Patent guts out comeback win over Herkimer; New Hartford, Oneida, Frankfort-Schuyler and Proctor all remain perfect
- Night owl health risks
- Vaping Health Advisory
- Trump signs health care order
- Health care shake-up ahead?