UTICA- Kids got to start Halloween a little early on James Street Saturday afternoon.
This is the fifth annual candy giveaway. Community members, businesses, and organizations spread out on James Street from Oneida Street to Brinkerhoff for the Halloween style event.
There was a parade and a balloon release to honor DJ Big B, also known as Bryson Collins who died last month.
Junior Frontiers collected school supplies for school they adopted in Africa.
Organizers for the event say this allows families to trick-or-treat together. "We could wait for Halloween, but we just chose to pick a Saturday when everyone could come out without any obligations of like work and school and they'll have the time to really meet and mingle with the neighbors," said Senora Pierce.
- Halloween on James Street
- Overnight fire ruled suspicious on South James Street in Rome
- Rome police continue investigation into South James Street fire
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Local Halloween Events
- Harried Housewife: Halloween Crispy Treats
- Halloween 2018 by the numbers
- Halloween Candy Sale & Party Saturday
- James Mattis' warning to America
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink