Clinton, N.Y. - Former Hamilton College goalie Sam Walther has signed a contract to play for the Connecticut Whale of the National Women's Hockey League (NWHL).
She will join former Utica College goalie Keira Goin on the Whale.
A 2018 graduate, Walther was named the 2018 NESCAC Player of the Year this past season and was a two-time First Team All-American for the Continentals.
She holds the program's career records for goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.
Walther also set single-season team records for the same categories (1.08 GAA, .960 save %, 10 shutouts) this past season.
The Whale open up their season on Sunday, October 7.
- Hamilton College alum signs with NWHL's Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton College graduates hundreds
- Lava rocks at Hamilton College
- Hamilton College host 207th Commencement
- Hamilton College students help make a difference
- Hamilton College warns of local sales scam
- Hamilton College Students launch weather balloon.
- Hamilton College hosts emergency response training
- Hamilton College hosts Walk for Autism
- Hamilton's Buitenhuis signs with Toronto Marlies