Utica, N.Y. - The Hamilton College men's lacrosse team scored at least three goals in every quarter as they beat local rival Utica College 18-5 in the 9th Annual Contineer Cup game at Charles A. Gaetano Stadium, Monday.
After outscoring the Pioneers 3-1 in the first, the Continentals exploded for six goals in the second, while holding UC off the board in order to gain momentum and never look back.
Utica took a 1-0 lead in the first quarter before Hamilton went on a run of 11 straight goals to put the game out of reach.
Junior attackman Henry Hunt had five goals for the Continentals in the win, with Britt Defeo, Owen McCarthy and William Braun each putting in two a-piece.
Dale Wagner, a junior midfielder, was the only multi-goal scorer for the Pioneers.
Utica drops to 2-2 on the season while Hamilton improves to 2-1.
This is the ninth straight year that the Continentals have captured the Contineer Cup, winning every year since its inception in 2011. It is also the second straight year that Hamilton has won by an 18-5 score.
For highlights of the game, click on the video above!
- Hamilton downs Utica 18-5 in 9th Annual Contineer Cup
- Recognizing diversity in the workplace at 9th Annual Diversity Affair
- Hamilton College Hosts the 4th annual Yoga Festival
- Hamilton College graduates hundreds
- Every 9th grader in Herkimer County explore their futures at annual career day
- Utica-Rome unemployment rates are down
- Lava rocks at Hamilton College
- Hamilton College host 207th Commencement
- Boilermaker announces Corporate Cup winners
- Annual Run for Hunger in Utica another success