UTICA - Genesee Street is back open after it was closed overnight due to a large piece of metal hanging from the Bank of Utica spire.
Police said the debris could have caused both injury and damage to vehicles and pedestrians, and they had advised those in the area to find alternate routes of travel.
Construction crews are expected to be on site Wednesday making repairs.
- UPDATE: Genesee Street back open after overnight closure
- Street Corner Market opens on Genesee Street
- Genesee Street: Power is restored and lanes back open
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures
- UPDATE: Route 8 Bridge over Genesee Street scheduled to open on Wednesday
- Genesee Street Market to be held every Friday this summer
- Genesee Street crash slows traffic near New Hartford Shopping Center
- North Genesee Street NB closed to four corners in Utica
- Firestone on Genesee Street to become Tallman Tires next week
- Fire in Downtown Utica Shuts Down Genesee Street