Hannaford supermarkets have issued a recall for the store brand white American cheese sold at the deli counter, as it may contain metal fragments.
The recall applies to any sliced white American cheese purchased at the deli from Sept. 8 to Oct. 8.
Customers are advised not to eat the cheese, and may return it to the store for a full refund.
Hannaford representatives say this is a precautionary measure, and no illnesses or injuries have been reported.
- Hannaford recalls white American cheese, offers refund
- Panera Bread voluntarily recalls some cream cheese
- New Hannaford store coming to Rome
- Turning cheese into booze?
- Approvals granted for new Hannaford, Byrne Dairy in Rome
- Construction begins at site of new Hannaford in Rome
- Hannaford on Commercial Drive back to normal after network outage
- A permanent tax refund investment
- Raw goat milk cheese from The Maiden's Creamery recalled due to Listeria
- Kraft recalls Taco Bell queso cheese dip for potential botulism risk