NEWSChannel 2 reached out to Harden Furniture in McConnellsville on Friday and learned that the business is back open, but with a limited work force.
The company suspended operations on Jan. 31 after being sold to an investment company out of Illinois, Big Shoulders Capital. As negotiations for the company continue, about half of the employees have been called back to work.
A merger is possible between now and April.
Harden Furniture has been in business in Oneida County since 1844.
- Harden Furniture resumes operations with limited workforce
- Harden Furniture has liquidation sale
- Harden Furniture suspends operations following sale to Illinois company
- What is the future of Harden Furniture?
- Val Bialas to close in December; city plans to operate it on limited basis
- Flights resume at NY LaGuardia, Kennedy airports
- Classes at Poland Central School resume Monday
- Operation Christmas Child
- State launches $175M effort to boost workforce development
- JCPenney is ditching appliances and most furniture from its stores