ALMOND CHRISTMAS COOKIES
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
Holiday candy sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar; beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Add egg, milk, and extract; beat until combined. Gradually beat in salt and as much flour as possible; stir in the rest. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake until set and bottoms are light golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely. Dip tops of cookies into Almond Frosting. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, extract, and 1/4 cup milk. Mix until smooth, adding more milk as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Harried Housewife: Almond Christmas Cookies
- Harried Housewife: Almond Christmas cookies
- Harried Housewife: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies.
- Harried Housewife: Beer Bread
- Harried Housewife: Cranberry Martini
- Harried Housewife: Brandy Eggnog
- Harried Housewife: Loaded Chili
- Harried Housewife: Chocolate Truffles
- Harried Housewife: Microwave Applesauce
- Harried Housewife: Profiteroles