WHITESBORO, NY – The 2nd annual Pink Tie Gala was held at Hart’s Hill Inn Saturday.
It recognizes first responders battling cancer.
The gala featured a buffet-style dinner, Chinese auction, and music from the DVD Band.
Those who attended were encouraged to wear pink ties of something else that was pink to show their support for firefighters battling cancer.
Believe 271 vice president Brian Palmer says cancer is a growing concern in the fire department.
“Cancer for firefighters is probably 2 to 3 times more common than that of the average person at this point. Based on new building materials, and the materials in homes and businesses that are burning that we encounter as we fight these fires.”
The Pink Tie Gala will benefit the Believe 271 Foundation, the Oneida County Volunteer Firemen’s Association, and Mohawk Valley Health Services.
- Hart's Hill Inn hosts Pink Tie Gala
- Freedom Fund Dinner held at Hart's Hill Inn
- Pink Tie Gala coming up in October during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala
- Children's Dyslexia Center hosts 5th annual gala
- Newstalk: Utica Mayor's Gala
- Utica Mayor's Benefit Gala
- Baseball Hall of Fame hosts All-Star Gala
- Mug Club: Pink Days
- Mug Club: Gala Di Mistero