New Hartford, N.Y. - Today may be Presidents' Day, but it feels a little more like Veterans Day at the IHOP restaurant in New Hartford.
IHOP is donating 10 percent of all of its proceeds today to the Feed our Vets organization in Utica.
This is the second year IHOP has done this.
Feed our Vets founder Rich Synek says every dollar raised, whether it's from here on this day at IHOP or from any other fundraiser throughout the year, helps veterans right here in the Greater Utica area.
"Last year we fed 3,335 vets, we gave out almost 175,000 pounds of food, that's right here in Utica only, in Central New York, the vets that can come here," Synek said. "So that money, since we don't receive any grants, we have to find fun ways of doing it, and this is one way."
New Hartford IHOP General Manager Jena Delgado says it's a small way to help those men and women who give so much to all of us.
"Some times I think we don't give enough back for the people who helped our community, that helped our America, so anything to help them, that's what we want to do," Delgado said.
U.S. Veteran and current National Guard Member Joe Bolton from Oriskany brought six other members of his family to breakfast Monday morning to help the cause and says what IHOP is doing is tremendous.
"I think it's awesome, I think it's awesome, every little bit helps."
If you would like to help the cause, IHOP is donating all of its proceeds the entire day, right up until closing at 10:00 tonight.
- IHOP helping Feed our Vets
- Feed Our Vets pantry closed ahead of Wednesday's storm
- Mug Club: Feed Our Vets Food & Bottle/Can Drive
- IHOP changing name to IHOB
- IHOP reveals the mystery of IHOb
- IHOP acknowledges it faked IHOB name change
- Feed Our Vets gets $1,000 check from New Hartford American Legion
- Hope House Gala to help feed the hungry
- Clinton kindergarteners help feed those in need with chore money
- 4-year-old feeds the homeless