ROME, N.Y. – The Oneida County Health Department is advising the public of two recent potential exposures in Rome at the following locations:
Cliff’s Local Market at 1221 Erie Blvd. in Rome
- On May 8 between 4:05 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
- Monitor for symptoms through May 22
- Individual was not wearing mask, but health department believe risk is low as the individual only pumped gas and did not go into the store.
Dollar General at 8220 Turin St. in Rome
- On May 13 between 8 p.m. and 8:10 p.m.
- Monitor for symptoms through May 27
- Person was wearing a mask, so risk of public exposure was low.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente also reported 16 new positive coronavirus cases Friday, and two additional deaths. Picente said one of the people who died was a resident at Central New York Psychiatric Center.
That brings the overall of positive cases to 714, and total fatalities to 29.