SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - Health inspectors found more than 100 critical violations by 61 food vendors at the 2017 New York State Fair.
The state provided a list of violations in response to a Freedom of Information request by Syracuse.com .
Critical violations relate directly to factors that could lead to food-borne illnesses.
However, there were no substantiated reports of illness.
Violations may include the food's condition or source; improper cooking and storage temperatures; improper hand-washing; waste disposal; unclean equipment; pests and use of toxic materials.
Information from: The Post-Standard, http://www.syracuse.com
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Health inspectors detail food violations at NY State Fair
- NY audit: Health inspectors go easy on restaurant violations
- Some details of NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo's state budget proposal
- Judge rules daily fantasy sports violate NY constitution
- NY State Police to conduct crackdown on traffic violations this Thanksgiving weekend
- Top lawmakers: Progress but no details on new NY budget
- Big & Rich joins Chevy Court lineup for 2018 NYS Fair
- The Temptations to perform in Chevy Court for NYS Fair
- Butter sculpture unveiled at NYS Fair (Spoiler alert!)
- Blondie to perform at Chevy Court opening day of NY State Fair