Heart Run and Walk Weekend is here! We're expecting a much more traditional early March day here in Central New York. Cloudy skies are expected throughout morning, with dry weather and temperatures in the 20s. A light breeze is expected.
Light snow returns Saturday afternoon as low pressure passes to our south. This turns out to be a snowstorm for southern New England, but our local weather will not see much of an impact. We do expect light snow, with up to an inch of accumulation from Saturday afternoon through Saturday night.
On Sunday, a coastal storm swings in from the south. As of Friday evening, the brunt of this storm is also expected to pass south and east of our region. It's a close call, so check back for the latest details.
Cold weather is expected for the majority of next week, with lake effect snow and highs in the teens and low 20s.
- Heart Run and Walk Weekend Weather
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- Expect traffic delays, road closures for this weekend's Heart Run and Walk
- Jim Stasaitis steps away from Heart Run Walk
- Cardboard Classic raises funds for Heart Run and Walk
- Heart Run and Walk officials want to reach 10,000 participants
- $931,243 raised by 2018 Heart Run and Walk