(KPRC) The majority of people know heart disease is the number one killer of men and women, but MDVIP - a network of primary care doctors - says most people still fail to recognize risk factors of and prevention tips for a heart attack.
The company proved this by testing people with a quiz asking simple questions like "Which of these foods have the most cholesterol?" and "Do you know what really causes a heart attack?"
About 62 percent of people failed the quiz, and that's where doctors say we have a major problem - because lack of knowledge is killing us.
Test your knowledge, and take the heart quiz here.
- Quiz: Do you know the signs of a heart attack?
- Heart attacks during pregnancy on the increase
- Kids Heart Challenge postponed
- Newstalk: Kids Heart Challenge
- High blood pressure, smoking raise heart attack risk more in women, study says
- Man sues Hawaii, saying the false missile alert caused his heart attack
- Drinking two or more diet beverages a day linked to high risk of stroke, heart attacks
- Heart drug recall expanded again
- NewsTalk: Nutritionist Kim Ross talks heart health
- WKTV Heart Telethon: Call now to donate!