SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - The New York State Fair is offering an extra day of free admission for older visitors because of this week's heat wave.
Fair officials say they added a third day of free attendance for adults age 60 and older on Thursday, when cooler weather is expected.
Temperatures were in the mid-90s in Syracuse on Tuesday and were expected to hit 90 degrees Wednesday.
Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner said high heat and humidity can especially hard on seniors.
For a complete schedule of events at the New York State Fair, click here.
- Heat inspires extra day of free fair admission for seniors
- State fair to offer free NARCAN training and 'Stomp Out Stigma Day'
- Not so fair at the Fair
- Local senior volunteers honored for National Service Recognition Day
- Trump administration to reverse Obama-era guidance on use of race in college admissions
- State Fair offers special ticket packages for one-day sale
- NYS Fair seeks couple to get married on ice - for free!
- Rome Free Academy graduation
- Free Backpack Giveaway Today
- State Fair weighs in on Confederate flags at county fairs