UPDATE: A Verona man was arrested following a dispute and standoff in Verona Thursday night that lasted more than 10 hours.
Brian Hinton, 52, is charged with misdemeanor second-degree menacing, according to New York State Police.
Around 6:30 p.m., police were called for a reported dispute at 5333 Broad St. in Durhamville, within the town of Verona, involving one person menacing another with a BB gun pistol.
Police say when troopers arrived at the home, Hinton would only talk through a window and he refused to come out of his house. He told police that prior to that he had a verbal argument with a neighbor about him shooting his BB gun.
The neighbor told police that more arguing ensued and Hinton then pointed the loaded BB gun at him, making him fear for his and his family’s safety.
At approximately 4:54 a.m. Friday, Hinton was taken into custody without incident.
VERONA - We're following a situation that required heavy police presence in Verona well into the night on Thursday. We received several calls from concerned bystanders in the area.
Around 6:30 p.m. Thursday, several New York State Police cars were dispatched to a "neighbor problem" on Broad Sreet in Verona, according to the Oneida County 911 Center. The situation escalated over the course of several hours.
Our crews arrived on-scene around midnight and found several state police cars and what appeared to be a SWAT team. Our crews were not allowed near the home and no one was allowed on the street.
A woman was seen in handcuffs being escorted by police. Police were also heard speaking through a loud speaker, trying to convince someone to come out of the residence.
We've been checking in with police through the morning and they tell us they expect to release more information in the form of a press release. We will update you as soon as information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Verona man arrested following dispute, 10-hour standoff
- Kirkville man arrested following Verona domestic dispute
- UPDATE: Missing Verona man found
- Verona standoff suspect in jail without bail
- Felony hearing delayed for Verona standoff suspect
- Verona man accused of destroying, burning girlfriend's property during dispute
- Attorney files psychiatric defense for man involved in Verona standoff
- Verona man arrested for possessing metal knuckles
- Sangerfield man arrested after weekend dispute
- Man in custody after several hour standoff in Verona barn, state police say