Thursday is the last day of a very wet spring. It's only fitting that it would end with heavy rain. The next wave of low pressure arrives on Thursday afternoon. The rain looks to fall heavy enough to cause some possible flash flooding in the region. Here are the details...
Rain develops between 10am-12pm tomorrow
Heaviest rain tomorrow afternoon (1-3pm)
1-2" of accumulation regionwide, locally higher amounts possible
Isolated flooding possible, especially in poor drainage, low lying, and urban areas
Rain ends early Friday morning
This event caps a very wet spring. May was the 4th wettest on record. Rainfall since April 1st has exceeded 16" for Griffiss in Rome. This is about twice our average during this time period.
Going forward, we do expect the weather to dry out as we head into Friday and the weekend. The weather looks really nice for Saturday and Sunday. Warm and humid weather looks to return for early next week.
- Heavy rain Thursday
- Heavy rain possible Friday
- Heavy rain cancels Saranac Thursday, to be rescheduled
- Heavy rain, flooding wreak havoc in the Mohawk Valley Thursday
- Rain returns Thursday
- Heavy Rain Monday could lead to flooding
- Heavy rain floods arterial near pedestrian bridge
- Weakened Nestor bringing heavy rains to Southeast
- New York prepares for heavy rain from Florence remnants
- Utica streets flooded, impassable as heavy rain continues