A flash flood watch is in effect for Otsego, Southern Herkimer, Chenango, Southern Fulton, and Montgomery Counties from Friday morning through Saturday morning
Heavy rain is expected to develop on Friday afternoon and Friday evening. Rainfall totals through Saturday morning are expected to average 0.5-1" with locally higher amounts possible. A few embedded thunderstorms are expected in the strongest downpours too.
Flash flooding is possible Friday evening in poor drainage areas and low lying spots. Remember, don't drive across flooded roadways. Most deaths associated with flash floods are from people caught in vehicles.
The weather is expected to improve as we head into the weekend.
- Heavy rain possible Friday
- Heavy rain Thursday
- Heavy Rain Monday could lead to flooding
- Heavy rain floods arterial near pedestrian bridge
- Weakened Nestor bringing heavy rains to Southeast
- Pockets of Freezing Rain Friday
- New York prepares for heavy rain from Florence remnants
- Heavy rain cancels Saranac Thursday, to be rescheduled
- Heavy rain, flooding wreak havoc in the Mohawk Valley Thursday
- More rain on the way for Friday