A flash flood watch is in effect for Otsego, Southern Herkimer, Chenango, Southern Fulton, and Montgomery Counties from Friday morning through Saturday morning
Heavy rain is expected to develop on Friday afternoon and Friday evening. Rainfall totals through Saturday morning are expected to average 0.5-1" with locally higher amounts possible. A few embedded thunderstorms are expected in the strongest downpours too.
Flash flooding is possible Friday evening in poor drainage areas and low lying spots. Remember, don't drive across flooded roadways. Most deaths associated with flash floods are from people caught in vehicles.
The weather is expected to improve as we head into the weekend.
- Heavy rain possible Friday
- Heavy Rain Monday could lead to flooding
- Pockets of Freezing Rain Friday
- New York prepares for heavy rain from Florence remnants
- More rain on the way for Friday
- Rain, rain, go away
- Rain, Rain, Go Away
- Heavy police presence in Laurens
- Dry for Friday, but rain returns this weekend
- SpaceX Falcon Heavy: Ready for liftoff