Monday morning we have a few small light rain showers with overcast skies across the region. It's very cool and comfortable with temperatures in the mid 60s. Highs will only reach the low 70s, much cooler than normal!
However, these rain showers will become more widespread and heavier throughout Monday afternoon and evening. This is because a low pressure system is pushing a warm front in our direction bringing lots of moisture and lift, which are the two main ingredients to create showers.
The rain will be heavy at times in some locations, which could create pooling on the roadways and low visibility when driving. Be especially cautious when you are heading home from work Monday evening.
Later in the evening and into Monday night, the rain will become lighter and more scattered across the region.
Overall, rain accumulations for Monday are only expected to be around half an inch for those areas that do see the heavy rain showers. This is not enough to cause flooding, but poor drainage areas could experience some pooling on the roadways.
Overnight into early Tuesday morning, there will be a few lingering brief light rain showers. These will dry out by Tuesday afternoon as cloud cover clears out to partly cloudy skies with highs in the mid 70s.
- Heavy showers are on their way, throughout Monday
- Heavy Rain Monday could lead to flooding
- Heavy rain possible Friday
- Heavy rain Thursday
- Heavy police presence in Laurens
- Recap of locally heavy rainfall
- SpaceX Falcon Heavy: Ready for liftoff
- Otsego County prepares for heavy snowfall
- Crews battle heavy blaze in Deerfield overnight
- Heavy, wet snow hits the Mohawk Valley