As part of its grand reopening celebrations, “Herb” Philipson’s and the Utica Comets announced that the outdoor store will now be the official off-site retailer of Comets merchandise.
This new partnership will be at the “Herb” Philipson’s locations in New Hartford, Rome, Herkimer and Oneida. The Comets merchandise being sold there will include jerseys, apparel, accessories and more.
“Herb” Philipson’s will also be the exclusive offsite merchandise for the Utica City FC.
Comets President Robert Esche says the partnership was made possible earlier this year when longtime Philipson’s employee Guy Viti purchased the company earlier this year.
“I am excited to see a new start with Herb’s and to carry on the legacy of Herb Phillipson’s,” Viti said in a news release. “I am thrilled to be working directly with local businesses like the Utica Comets and Utica City FC.”
“It goes to show how tight-knit this community is, how much we do have a hockey community,” said Adam Pawlick, vice president of the Utica Comets. “They're behind the Comets, so for players and our staff to go out and see Comet colors and the logo all over the town is fun. It's exciting and makes us want to keep doing a great job.”
- 'Herb' Philipson's becomes exclusive offsite retailer of Comets merchandise
- Outdoor retailer 'Herb' Philipson's up for sale
- 'Herb' Philipson's files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Herb Philipson's annual coat drive to begin Friday
- Herb Philipson's aims to collect 3,000 coats by Sunday
- 'Herb' Philipson's celebrates grand reopening under new ownership
- Herb Philipson's is up for sale, will auction off assets
- Longtime employee purchases 'Herb' Philipson's, says 'best is yet to come'
- New owner of 'Herb' Philipson's introduced at Chamber of Commerce meeting
- Harried Housewife: Creamy Herb Dip