Herkimer BOCES briefly evacuated for carbon monoxide alarm

Herkimer BOCES on Gros Boulevard was briefly evacuated Tuesday morning when the carbon monoxide detector went off, indicating high levels.

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 4:36 PM

(November 7, 2017)

HERKIMER - Herkimer BOCES on Gros Boulevard was briefly evacuated Tuesday morning when the carbon monoxide detector went off, indicating high levels.


East Herkimer and Mohawk fire departments responded around 8:30 a.m. and cleared the building, where they determined that the issued appeared to be a stuck vent louvre.

The Herkimer Central School District provided buses so that students had a warm place to wait, and they were let back into the building around 9 a.m. after it was determined carbon monoxide levels were not high.

Article Comments

Utica
Overcast
43° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 37°
Oneonta
Clear
40° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 33°
Herkimer
Overcast
43° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 37°
Thendara
Overcast
43° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 37°
WKTV Radar
WKTV Temperatures
WKTV Severe Weather
Click here to learn more about A Healthier Mohawk Valley
Saluting Those Who Are Proud 2 Serve
Menu 2 Go list of takeout dinners & fish fries
Apply to Go the Distance
23 courses for only $79.99